OneDrive refers to the file hosting services provided by the tech giant, Microsoft within its Office Productivity suite to its users of different platforms like Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS. The file hosting service i.e. OneDrive is made available to the Office users as a part of its Office Online Services included within the Office suite. This service allows the users to store their data including the personal or confidential data and files to the cloud having the size of 5 GB storage.
Sometimes the users may face some issues to add or sync the files and folders to the cloud or OneDrive. Thus, in the below information, the steps to add and sync shared files or folders have been detailed.
Steps to Add the Shared Folders to OneDrive:
By following the steps detailed below, the users could easily add their shared folders to the OneDrive:
- Firstly login to the OneDrive by using the email address of the Office.com/setup.
- And then, the navigation pane of OneDrive will get open on the device screen.
- On this page, select the “Shared” option under the ‘OneDrive’ section.
(Important Note: All the folders that have been marked as ‘Can Edit’ can only be added to the users’ OneDrive pane.)
- Here, select the folders that the users want to add to their OneDrive by marking the ‘circle’ displayed on the tile of folders.
- After this, to add the selected folder to the OneDrive, either tap the ‘Add to my OneDrive’ or select the same option by right-clicking on the folder.
- Thus, the shared folders are added to the OneDrive and will appear to the users in the Files view of their OneDrive.
Steps to Sync the Shared Folders to OneDrive:
As the shared folders that have been added to the users’ OneDrive will be made visible to the users within the Files view of OneDrive so follow the steps detailed below to sync the shared folders to OneDrive:
- First and foremost, tap the OneDrive cloud icon on the task-bar of a device.
- Thus, the OneDrive Activity center will appear on the screen.
- Here, tap the stack overflow icon i.e. the menu icon.
- And then, tap click the “Settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, go to the “Account” tab and then, select the folders that the users want to sync on their device by marking the checkbox in front of it.