Want to cancel your Office 365 Home, Personal or University subscription? We have provided here the easiest steps to do so. Check it out:
- Log in to your Microsoft Office account via Office.com/myaccount and visit the services page
- If you don’t remember your account password then click Forget Password and then reset it by following the instructions given in the email
- Now, check for the Expires On Date or Cancel link
- If you find a Cancel link below to the subscription you have purchased, hit Cancel. You might be asked to get a refund for unused subscription time. If you claim for the refund then you can access the reduced functionality mode of Office 365, else, you can access your office 365 subscription till it is active.
- In case, there is no such option then you might have already turned off recurring billing or renewal. In this case, you don’t need to cancel the subscription as it will end of the date mentioned under Expires On.
After you cancel your subscription, the accessed functionalities of the Office setup 365 will be reduced automatically and you will receive unlicensed product notifications. You can access all your already created Office files but you won’t be able to create new documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more.
In which case will I receive a refund after the Office 365 subscription cancellation?
You may receive a refund in the following scenarios:
- If you have purchased a yearly subscription of the Office 365 within the last 30 days
- If you have purchased a monthly subscription and cancel it within 30 days of the last renewal date
For more information or to get the solution to any problem occurred during cancellation of the Office 365 subscription, visit office.com/setup or contact Office customer support team.